A slate of new movies arrives each year, but times are changing! Women are now taking the lead, superhero eras are coming to a close, DC is…all over the place (not exactly in a good way), and beloved family classics are approaching! Which movies are you most looking forward to this coming year?
Whether you’re a fan of Marvel and DC or prefer to keep an eye out for promising dramas, below are some of the biggest movies coming in 2019! Be sure to let us know in the comments which one you can’t wait to see, as well as any we failed to include!
Marvel and DC fans
- Captain Marvel – March 8
- Shazam! – April 5
- Avengers: Endgame – April 26
- Dark Phoenix – June 7
- Spider-Man: Far From Home – July 5
- X-Men: The New Mutants – August 2
- Joker – October 4
- Wonder Woman 1984 – November 1
From the list above, Endgame, Captain Marvel, and Wonder Woman 1984 are likely the three movies fans are most looking forward to watching. And in that order.
Avengers: Endgame closes not only Phase Three, but the Avengers as we know them. Not all heroes will survive this chapter, unfortunately, and those who do will not be the same or appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe any longer.
It’s bittersweet because it gives new heroes a chance to shine as a new era begins, but it comes with the cost of saying goodbye to our favorites. One thing is certain, Endgame will definitely be one of the biggest box office hits of all-time.
Horror and thrill seekers
- Us – March 15
- Grudge – August 16
- Pet Sematary – April 5
- Under the Silver Lake – April 19
- It: Chapter Two – September 6
We have mixed feelings about what we have seen so far from Pet Sematary, but we would been lying if we said we aren’t curious about it. Will you be watching? It: Chapter Two, however, is one we’ll all be rushing to check out after the first part took us by surprise.
For the kiddos (of all ages)
- The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part – February 8
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World -February 22
- Dumbo – March 29
- Pokemon: Detective Pikachu – May 10
- Aladdin – May 24
- The Secret Life of Pets 2 – June 7
- Toy Story 4 – June 21
- The Lion King – July 19
- Frozen 2 – November 27
Dumbo, Aladdin, and The Lion King in one year? Yes! We can’t wait to watch all three! While many are busy complaining (especially about The Lion King), we’re just happy these stories will be taking over the big screen and being told to a younger audience.
Action and sci-fi with a touch of nostalgia
- The Rhythm Section – February 22
- Hellboy – April 12
- John Wick: Chapter 3 – May 17
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters – May 31
- Men In Black International – June 14
- Hobbs And Shaw – August 2
- Zombieland 2 – October 11
- Charlie’s Angels – November 1
- Terminator movie – November 1
- Jumanji 2 – December 13
- Stars Wars: Episode IX – December 20
This category is all over the place because most fit all three genres. Take Charlie’s Angels, for example. Action? Check! Nostalgia? Definitely! Sci-fi? Okay, not so much. But Men in Black is all three, and so is the untitled Terminator film, you get the picture.
Did we miss any big ones? Which from the list above is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!